Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hidden vs Transparent Taxes: Conclusions and Summary

In this final eight part, I summarize the points I have made throughout this series and ask for your help sharing this message with others.



In this series I have explained the important differences between hidden taxes and transparent taxes.

I have shown why I believe a transparent tax system offers consumers a choice and why our current hidden tax system often includes no choice.

I have explained why I feel our current system of hidden taxes is hurting those members of our society who are faced with the challenge of trying to live on a much smaller income than the rest of us enjoy.

I have explained why I believe our current system of hidden taxes allows business to hide the cost of the taxes government requires them to pay inside of the prices the rest of us are charged for the products, goods, and services we buy from them.

I have explained why hidden taxes means that we are actually paying the taxes government claims to require of businesses.

I have shown how the food and grocery items purchased by the poorest members of our society include the cost of the hidden taxes that business are legally allowed to pass on to the rest of us.

I have shown how changing from our current system of hidden taxes to transparent taxes can help to lower the cost consumers pay for many of the most important and basic items they need to purchase.

I have shown how and why our system of hidden taxes can result in two households with identical incomes, identical dependents end up paying taxes at a different effective rate.

For those who have strongly held political beliefs and positions, I have shown how it is possible to change from a hidden tax system to a transparent tax system without reducing the amount of actual tax dollars that government would budget and plan to collect.

I have shown how doing this will allow government to have the potential of doing more with the same amount of tax revenues.

I have shown why I believe it is important for my readers who like what I am proposing to share this with their family, friends, and especially with their elected officials.

I am asking that you help me get this message out by encouraging others to read my eight part series.

Thank you for taking time to read and ponder my opinion on this topic.
An Opinion Article by Dave Kemper
                   _________________________________

It has been said that: "One definition of insanity is to do the same thing, the same way, over and over and over again, each time expecting to achieve a different result."
Therefore, we must either CHANGE the way we live, or we bind our future to our past as if with CHAINS.
"I do not consider myself to be better than anyone else.  But I do believe in exercising my right to not stay stupid."

David W. Kemper, Author
© Copyright 2014 by David William Kemper.  All right reserved
No part or portion of this publication may be modified in any manner without the express written permission of the author.  Quoting from this publication is allowed on condition that the name of the author and the name of the publication are included.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be considerate in comments made. The deceased is not able to defend his opinions and his family are readers of this site. Thank you.